Wednesday, May 5, 2010

We don't need no stinkin' badges!

It's Cinco de Mayo. I am aware of that.  I am pretty good at recognizing holidays.
So last night, as I was going to sleep after reading Stephen King's Dark Tower - The Gunslinger, it occurred to me that I should do a "black velvet painting" to honor Cinco de Mayo and that it should be a gun slinging kinda of pinup.  And then, I shouted, as I often do, thanks to the movie UHF, "WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGERS!" which startled my husband who was trying to sleep, and I was reminded of the movie "Treasure of Sierra Madre" and then I pictured something close to this painting in my mind.   I must also say that I was inspired by the black velvet world in the X-BOX video game, "Psychonauts" (which is an AWESOME game, all the way, but the end stage is freaking impossible. Like totally.. =[ ).

So here it is, STINKIN' BADGES!:


Look at it big, her face looks wonky all small like.

No comments:

Post a Comment